SS leaf springs de-arched

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I bought a 68 Dart with SS leaf springs and would like to lower the back down to my liking.

If I take off the SS springs and have them de-arched to lower the rear of the car 2.5" does that ruin the leaf spring for racing purposes? Anybody else done this with there SS springs?

Also considered using a lowering block or just putting some 40 year old 340 car springs in the back.

Have you considered flipping the front spring hangers? Here's how mine turned out with the 002, 003 springs

Attachments

• 100_0606.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 286
You could flip the front spring mounts, that would give you about an 1" drop and then use the lowering blocks and that should get you close to where you want to be.

Have you considered flipping the front spring hangers? Here's how mine turned out with the 002, 003 springs

Well the car is not mini tubbed but the leaf springs had the 3" relocation under the frame. So that is not really an option. Currently the car rear fender sets about 2.5" to 3" above the rear rims. I really like it to set about even with a 15" rim on the car.

I have dearched a set of SuperStock springs. I took 4 inches out of mine and it sagged another inch. They were on a 68 Dart small block car that ran tens and I loved them and was able to get a 1.39 sixty foot out of them with a 10 inch tire.

I have dearched a set of SuperStock springs. I took 4 inches out of mine and it sagged another inch. They were on a 68 Dart small block car that ran tens and I loved them and was able to get a 1.39 sixty foot out of them with a 10 inch tire.

Thanks that sounds like they are working fine for you. Think I'm Going to have 2.5" taken out of them and use a shim kit to correct the pinion angle if required.

Had the springs dearched 3" very happy with the results. Might have to lower front just a little. I like the wore out old Dart look.8)

Attachments

• 68 Dart 002 (Small).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 241
That sits real nice. Now I would cut half of the LCA bump stops off and lower it about 3/4" in the front!

Its has a 408ci with close to 470hp and 500tq on the motor dyno. Cant lower the front too much has a deep oil pan and Hooker competion headers. Fun car to drive just going to put some stock interior in it and drive it on the street.

de-arched Superstock springs

Attachments

• My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal resized0002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 182
  • My Cuda Hanging Sheetmetal resized0034.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 209
  • My Cuda Hanging Sheetmetal resized0044.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 211
  • Suspension and dash resized0048.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 183
  • Suspension and dash resized0052.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 195