SS Slant Six Dart

-
i got my slicks today! wow are they big! 28x9-15!

i measured and they fit pretty snug so will see what the get rims to be mounted on lol...

worst case scenario i guess i'll have to finish the SS look and make the cut outs and then anything will fit lol

you can always hammer in the inner fender wells, it gives that extra witout having to actually hack up the wells.

Move the springs in, use a 10in.rim with about 5in B.S. & I beleive they'll fit........

Move the springs in, use a 10in.rim with about 5in B.S. & I beleive they'll fit........

lol i dont need that much tire... mark cant even spin a 9" tread slick

I would not cut that car , you will regret it. It will always look better like it is now.

do you know what i do for a living lol...

www.ssandafx.com

if i dont have to i wont for sure...

edited by admin

because @ shows more people will look at my car because they think it has a hemi in it and then trip out that its a six! granted that you dont know me but i do not like to follow the norm... probably the reason i also have and AWB 1965 plymouth...

besides... i bet i have way more fun than you... lol

now go think about how rude that was and do this lol :banghead::thumrigh:

My duster was a slt 6 190 summin ci I think or 225 I dun care... I yanked it out... it's a good engine and all decent on gas but WHY A SLT6!?!?!? it's muscle dude.... wouldn't you rather have a V8?[/quote]

hey just so you know i got a good laugh out of this BTW

i already rolled the lip if thats what you mean... stock leaf location

I mean a sledge hammer to the inner well, not fender lip.

It might be easier and less deforming to just cut the lip that rolls inward off of the wheel house all together, but I cant see in person what you're dealing with, so Im just throwing it out there.

I only suggested that, as I suspect you'll be looking for more power (turbo, perhaps?) in the not too distant future. Kenny Newsome here had a 6cyl Duster & did pretty well with it (12s) some years ago & that was with technology from back then (1980s) without a turbo.
As easy as it is to turbo a car now,even with junk parts, no doubt in my mind your /6 could take it & run a number like that, or better! Grant it, it wouldn't be "easy", but more than do-able..........

I mean a sledge hammer to the inner well, not fender lip.

It might be easier and less deforming to just cut the lip that rolls inward off of the wheel house all together, but I cant see in person what you're dealing with, so Im just throwing it out there.

yea mu issue is the leaf spring... if i did an inboard kit i could fit like a 28x12 or something lol

I only suggested that, as I suspect you'll be looking for more power (turbo, perhaps?) in the not too distant future. Kenny Newsome here had a 6cyl Duster & did pretty well with it (12s) some years ago & that was with technology from back then (1980s) without a turbo.
As easy as it is to turbo a car now,even with junk parts, no doubt in my mind your /6 could take it & run a number like that, or better! Grant it, it wouldn't be "easy", but more than do-able..........

no worries! i thought about building a turbo motor but i like the challenge of NA stuff... but as i told wild i would have to do an inboard spring kit

yea mu issue is the leaf spring... if i did an inboard kit i could fit like a 28x12 or something lol

Wheel shims.

or...offset shackels.

you could even hack the front hangers eyelets off, then stack them offset using 1/4 steel to give you a lil titty of clearance.

I think that along with the offset shackles would set you straight.

no worries! i thought about building a turbo motor but i like the challenge of NA stuff... but as i told wild i would have to do an inboard spring kit

Oh, I agree--I prefer the N/A stuff over the simple power add-ons. I think when Kenny ran his /6 he did a ton of work on the head & ran a bit more compression than most /6 racers. How are you in those areas?

Wheel shims.

or...offset shackels.

you could even hack the front hangers eyelets off, then stack them offset using 1/4 steel to give you a lil titty of clearance.

I think that along with the offset shackles would set you straight.

already talking about titties wild?? lol... yea i might go offset shackles so i can fit some nice street tires under it and have plenty of room for any slick i'll ever need...

Oh, I agree--I prefer the N/A stuff over the simple power add-ons. I think when Kenny ran his /6 he did a ton of work on the head & ran a bit more compression than most /6 racers. How are you in those areas?

well its "just" a street motor but running 10:1 src, .475 valve lift/246 @ .050 cam, head is flowing about 205/160 so my limiting factor is compression and valve lift... my head flows max @ .550 so i have alot on the table with lift (might be getting funds for 1.6's shortly)...

ok so some updates!

ordered the Hoosier Slicks, 28x9-15, and chrysler steels 15x8!

then i got my line lock and parts. we use flex line from the master to the line lock as you can see... still need some other parts before install...

THen! lol...

got the last part for my 3/8" fuel line upgrade... i know its over kill but its peice of mine...

Attachments

• 100_4614.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 690
  • 100_4715.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 100_4716.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 699
  • 100_4717.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 696
getting new parts is such a joy. Like Christmas during the summer...

Hey 805, Good to see you posted the dart!! Haven't been on for some time. Our damned daily driver could not be fixed so we had to pop on a new car. Got a killer deal though. I will resume work on the Dart as soon as I can. Still working on the brake system.

Hey 805, Good to see you posted the dart!! Haven't been on for some time. Our damned daily driver could not be fixed so we had to pop on a new car. Got a killer deal though. I will resume work on the Dart as soon as I can. Still working on the brake system.

what happened to the other car?

well the slicks are done! havn't had time to test fit them yet but it will be snug...

think i'll be doing a offset shackle....

Attachments

• 100_4718.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 656
  • 100_4719.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 645
ok well all the 3/8 fuel line and pump is in and done! havn't removed the mech one yet, need to get some 3/8 steel line so i can bend it up...

Johnny dart, that is the street carter pump, i used the supplied bracket and used 90* fittings on the pump. then just cut the steel line back a bit so i could use rubber to make the gap... the pump is VERY quiet... i cant hear it on with the motor running...

i tried the slicks but even with 4.5BS they arn't in enough... but that might be good cuz i didn't know slicks can get wobbly so im doing the SS cutouts and adding a 1/4" spacer for more leaf to tire clearance...

Attachments

• 100_4720.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 639
ok so the line lock is in! and it works! lol

i didn't know you had to hold the button at first lol...

i get pics and hopefully a good burnout vid tomorrow!!

ok well here are some new pics...

i got the line lock in but havn't got a vid yet...

and yes the master cyl area of wiring looks bad... electrical fires suck...

Attachments

• 100_4735.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 585
  • 100_4732.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 625
  • 100_4731.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 584
  • 100_4730.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 100_4729.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 572
ok i went for it... should finish it by this week end...

just need a little more fitting and alot of welding...

and bigger tires lol

Attachments

• DSCN1495.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCN1489.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 549
  • DSCN1493.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCN1487.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 553
  • DSCN1485.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN1492.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCN1491.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCN1490.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 535
  • DSCN1494.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 556
Wow,
Why a bump without any update, makes no sence!

By the way, nice buildup, i hope it can spin the slicks in N/A mode, and its a shame you having to cut the rear 1/4 pannel for tire clearance, i never like the looks of it, not even in the factory SS darts, it make it look like a half *** job IMO,
Dont get me wrong, your work looks 100% correct and well done none the less.

-
Back