SS springs & Caltracs

-

340mopar

Sorgermotorsports
Reaction score
I just bought a narrowed 8 3/4 for my Valiant Drag car and the rear comes with SS springs and Caltracs. I have heard here that you should not use SS springs with the Caltracs. I have also heard here from guys that they have both and they work fine. What I want to know is what is the best case senario and not what just works fine.

(1) Should I use the Caltracs with my stock springs in my Valiant and put the SS springs on my street Duster or

(2) Use the SS springs on the Valiant with the Caltracs.

Chuck

I Have Been Told Do Not Run The Two Together.they Will Fight Against One Another.run Your Stock Or Mono Leaf With The Caltracs And Ss Springs On Your Street Car

There should be no reason not to use the SS springs and the CalTracs together. Check with Calvert, as 73Swinger suggested, and they will give you the straight skinny on the use of their product.

Calvert has told me they will be just fine together but they recommend their mon-leaves to get the full benifit of the weight savings and use from the bars. I run mine with stock leaf springs yet until I can afford the mono's.....I have other priorities vs buying leaf springs for the car.

I use them with my stock springs. No problems.

Caltrac's 001.jpg

I was leaning towards using the stock springs with them and put the SS springs on my Duster. I am on a mission to get into the 10's and don't want to add weight unless it is worthy to do so and it does not look like it is an advantage to add the heavier SS springs to my car with the Caltracs.

Thanks,
Chuck

I wouldn't ad the SS springs....put the bars on the stock springs and let it eat. I have my Cal-Tracs in the bottom hole with not air gap with my stock springs....but I run Drag Radials as weel and you need to hit them harder so they stick. Follow Calvert's recomendations and you'll be good to go.

Here is what Calvert told me re. SS springs
I recommend clamping the rear of the SS Springs to help in controlling rear body separation. We want 2 clamps on the rear leaf and 1 clamp around all the leafs in the front. By putting 3 clamps per spring it keeps more weight over the rear tires

Do not mix Caltrac and ss springs they will not work W 500 hp. 500 tq.!. I made a post about this in general discussion , 05 08 2006, We made a Monster you need to read this post
100_0350-2.jpg
[/IMG]

-
Back