SSBC A153 kit - Track width?

-

Furious65

C-body Guy
Reaction score
I have the SSBC A153 kit for my '68 Barracuda. Does anyone know if the conversion increases the track width over the stock 10" drums? Was planning on buying some new rims soon but I am worried they will affect my backspacing.

I used the same kit on my 64 Dart. Can't give you the measurement as I have sold the car. In the photo you can notice the wider track.Maybe a inch per side.The wheels were 15x4 with a 1 3/4 backspace.165/80/15 VW tires. I had to trim the front fenders to clear.May not be a problem on a 68

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_6744.JPG

IMG_1931.jpg

Darter6 did you use the big bolt pattern of the rotors? How does the hub center the wheels for both big & small bolt pattern's?

Yes big bolt pattern. The wheels weren't hub centric but worked fine, nice and smooth from 0 to 100 mph.I do know that American Racing make adapter "Rings" to make aftermarket wheels hub centric.

Ok cool, I just got off the phone with ssbc with the question about tracking width. He told me it should only add apx 1/4 per side width to clear there wider calipers from the stock 10 inch drums widths. I hope this helps. I too ordered the same kit haven't got it yer backordered a few weeks.

-
Back