SSBC A153 Kit - Wheel Interference

-

66CudaFormulaS

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this kit and the use of the factory 14" X 5.5" steel wheels? Mine are hitting the caliper. Called SSBC and sent them pictures where is is rubbing on the caliper and the wheel. They said they they havent had any problems with the mopar kits. They questioned whether they were stock wheels, and suggested the use of a 1/4" spacer. I have seen at least one comment where the rally wheels will work, but not the plain steel. One of the reason I selected this kit is the ability to keep the stock appearance.

Your experience?

Are there any sources for a 4" bolt pattern spacer?

Thanks, Rob

Up yiu have to use 15 inch wheels, I bought spacers to use my 14s but never tried the

I believe that is the same kit I used when I installed them on my '71 Dart GT ~6 years ago. I chose SSBC because the kit allowed me to keep my 14 X 5 1/2" small bolt pattern (5 on 4") Rallye Wheels. Not sure what the difference is between the steel and Rallye wheels?
The kit is/was very complete and nearly installed itself.

Yeah same thing with me and my ssbc front brakes. Rallye 14" fit no problem ,14" steel wheel rub on caliiper , weird ,not sure difference in wheels...Have to run 1/4" spacers to make 14" steelies work, 15" all appear no problem .

I was trying to run 14 inch rally's and it didn't work, if you want so a spacers pm me, I bought some to try but never used them

I used a dremmel tool and hand file on caliper till it fit, also had a caliper that wasn't machiened inside completely, returned it and got a good one free. Iam happy with them

-
Back