SSBC Conversion

-

AxeMan

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the SSBC conversion,or the Wilwood for my 69 Dart,does anyone know if it will clear my stock 14in Rally Rims... Small Bolt pattern?
I want to keep my rallys.
Thanks

the ssbc should. i have used those kits with sbp steelies. i don't recall if wilwood makes a sbp kit.

also the pads on the ssbc kit are the same as if yours had stock disc setup from the factory. easy to order from anywhere.

If you order polished calipers from SSBC, the pads will be unique to their setup and not a match to the factory pad. I found that out on my kit that I bought from them for my 69 Dart. They offer different color options of powdercoating for their calipers and so I figured that going with the polished aluminum would be the same as the rest but they were different. I found out by calling the tech lline about some parts that were in my kit that didn't fit anything that I had. That's when I was informed of the different caliper used in my application.

Just a heads up!

I have the ssbc kit from performance suspension as well, wheel vintiques 14 "" rallye's with small bolt pattern that I got from Wheelmasters in Calgary.. clear the front disc brakes. I can get you a measurement if you need.. from spindle center to furthest point of caliper assembly.

I have a 68 dart GT, with 14inch rallye wheels which I want to keep. I want front disc brakes only for the dart. I have been told many things that i have to do. My question is this: Can't I keep my 14inch rallye wheels and convert my front drum brakes to disc brakes without changeing alot of parts over? Is there a conversion kit that I can buy out there that just bolts right up?

The SSBC kit should work for you. You do have to change out the Master Cyl. which is included in the kit. You didn't say what size front drums you have, the kit is for 10" drum spindles. You may have to auto wrecker 10' spidles if you have 9" drums. Go to http://www.performancesuspension.com/ kit no. PSC153 for manual disc kit it all bolts up with your existing Rallye's

the kit i bought from master power didnot clear 14 in steel rallys i had to buy 15 inch stay away from that kit
mike

-
Back