SSBC Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit difference?

-

JP808

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference between the A155 kit and the W155 kit is? Thanks.

got the links for where your looking?. the one i found was almost $1000! what are you installing them on?

got the links for where your looking?. the one i found was almost $1000! what are you installing them on?

It's for a 68 Barracuda that already had it's front drums switched out with a SSBC kit years ago

I wonder if it will affect pedal feel? Wonder if the surface of the drums would be equal to or greater stoping force than the disks? Also you will give up some of your parking brake effectiveness as well. The drums are a perfect parking brake

I wonder if it will affect pedal feel? Wonder if the surface of the drums would be equal to or greater stoping force than the disks? Also you will give up some of your parking brake effectiveness as well. The drums are a perfect parking brake

Yeah not sure about pedal feel and how much more effective it would be. Biggest reason I was going switch to disc is so I can change to big bolt pattern wheels.

Have you thought about running adapters? You can get as thin as 3/4” thick. Not sure how that will place your wheel though, may free up some room towards the spring and give you the option to possibly run a wider rear tire

7/8" master you hardly know the difference.

What's a parking brake?

Yeah not sure about pedal feel and how much more effective it would be. Biggest reason I was going switch to disc is so I can change to big bolt pattern wheels.

Pretty typical, swap to BBP so go disc brakes at the same time. Smart move all the way around.

If you have a auto isuppose its not of a concern but with a 4 spd you need the best applied force for a parking brake.

If you have a auto isuppose its not of a concern but with a 4 spd you need the best applied force for a parking brake.

The parking brakes on the rear disc setups from wilwood work great. Can't speak for the rest....but I will say most OEM cars now come with 4 wheel discs and those parking brake setups work fine too.

Right that is true but drum brakes are a better parking brake than discs with the tiny shoes in the rotor hat. Id be curious to see what the braking force of the rear discs vs drums would be

-
Back