SSH Hemi package

-

Cevidicus

CevidiGrinch
Reaction score
"S.S.H. (Street Spec HEMI®) Emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI Crate Engine

For those members of Mopar nation looking to add a modern HEMI to their ride, this new emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI engine may be mated to an automatic or manual transmission for 1995 and older model-year vehicles. The engine does not include the production multi-displacement system (MDS).

The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 5.7-liter HEMI engine kit is $6,800 (part number 77070065). The kit will come with a 2-year/24,000-mile limited warranty.

Following is a preliminary list of parts that will be included with the engine package:

Engine:
5.7-liter HEMI engine (non MDS)
375 horsepower, 400 lb.-ft. of torque
Exhaust manifolds
Engine wire harness

Performance and Emission Control Components:
Engine control module
Oxygen sensor (2) up stream
Oxygen sensor (2) down stream
Electronic Accelerator pedal
EVAP canister

Exhaust:
Catalytic Converter (2)
Oxygen sensor-mounting bosses

The kit also includes an instruction manual and an emission certification label. An Executive Order is in process. "

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=3546E7F12329264E5B385E81FA3FF250?&id=13374&mid=2

Sounds good so far.

I think this is a great deal. I bet you could get this for 5800 from a dealer once it comes out. Plus it is an Eagle engine with VVT so it has the good heads and broad torque curve.

I just wonder if the ECM will be tunable. Also would be worth knowing if any of the components such as wiring harness could be had independently.

-
Back