Stage 5 Hemi conversion heads

-
I built my headers by having the engine on the engine stand. I bolted the K-frame, steering box, steering linkage and made a plate to mount the starter on the engine.
I bought a bunch of U bends and J bends. I also welded some metal tabs too the engine stand to mount the collectors to so I had the length of the headers figured out.
Then started at the flanges with the front pipe going to the inside bottom of the collector and trying to make each tube clear everything.
The drivers side front two tubes go down through the C of the K-frame and run down to the bottom of the collector and the back two cylinders come from the top. On the passenger side there was more room after the inner fender was modified. The driver side is three pieces and the pass is two pieces.
Everything was tack welded then I put the engine in and tried to fix the headers. Anything that wouldn’t fit was marked and had to be modified. Once everything seem to fit correctly it was final welded.
One thing I didn’t do was heat the headers up before I sent them out to be coated. When they came back some of the worlds had relieved and there was some minor rubbing problems that required mods to gain clearance.
When I first put the car together it was a 727 now it’s a TREMEC 5spd it fits fine.
To answer your question I don’t have the time to build you a set of headers for you but I would be more than happy to help in any way I can

-
Back