Stainless Polishing?????Central Florida

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for someone to polish the stainless trim from my 65 dart convertible....anyone around central florida??? these shops want a ton of $$$...I am willing to pay but geezzzz...thanks!

I've been doing 1964 superstock grille conversions and just finished a 65 coronet grille. You can check over on fbbo to see the work I've done. I can do the trim for ya, send me a pm and we can talk.

Do it your self! it is actually really easy. I tried it a few years ago and now I do some on the side to make some extra cash. It is not that hard. A little patience and an eye for detail is all you need. Well and a good set of gloves, and this....

Eastwood Buff Motor 1HP 1750/3450RPM, Buff Kit & Pedestal

Item #12476 Brand: Eastwood

Do it your self! it is actually really easy. I tried it a few years ago and now I do some on the side to make some extra cash. It is not that hard. A little patience and an eye for detail is all you need. Well and a good set of gloves, and this....

Eastwood Buff Motor 1HP 1750/3450RPM, Buff Kit & Pedestal

Item #12476 Brand: Eastwood

X2 The reason for big bucks because it is labor intensive. There is info
everywhere (utube).

Darryl

As stated, you can use a bench grinder too! Just get a 6-8" cloth wheel and slap it on! Harbor freight sells those and the rouge for cheap!! I used the green rouge and a $30 buffer with a $10 buff kit from HF and they looked brand new. If they have minor scratches just sand them with 1000 grit wet sandpaper and soapy water until they are smooth and scratch free. Buff away! Its easy but make sure to have a good pair of leather gloves, the trim can cut you and get hot as heck !!!

Most trim shops charge $16-$20 a foot here.

X3 on the labor intensive.
If you have dents and dings in the stainless it gets expensive. I got an estimate on getting mine holes fixed straightened and just closed my mouth and walked away. I ended up doing mine myself. I still have to go into the final buffing and polish to get it to really shine and still have about 30 hours of work in all my SS trim.
I won't say anything about the anodized aluminum trim trim time at all since it's over a hundred hours(and counting) de-anodizing sanding and cleaning straightening and repairing the holes and rips. BUT i do admit that it would have been easier (probably cheaper too!) to get better trim than the bent and broken pieces I started with.

Get used to it John ... the good trim shops are dropping like flies and the ones who are still in business usually charge by the inch.

Umm forgive me if im wrong but i think i rember seeing a thread bout are own waggin being good at it . You may get ahold of him . He may not have the time tho his moma just passed on .

Btw where did you get that vert ? it looks like one that was selling here in Okl

Another vote for going to harbor freight , get a bench grinder , a cloth wheel , and some white stainless polishing compound.

Everyone needs a bench grinder anyway.

Get the biggest polishing wheel that will fit on the grinder, and the white polish works good for polishing aluminum too.

-
Back