Stainless to wood? Insight welcome

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
I've been building a few custom guitars in my free time, a few for myself and a double neck for my best friend.

My current creation is a Fretless 7 String Strat style guitar, with a longer neck than your standard Strat or Gibson (equates to about a 28 fret neck when measured in Strat scale).

For the fretboard, I want to use Stainless Steel for the different tone and longevity. strings are the enemy of Fretless guitars, they destroy a fretboard. There are flat wound and half wound strings out there for Fretless guitars, but none in the 7 string variety. Hence the stainless board, allowing me to use standard wound strings.

I've got the neck, body, fretboard, etc done and the hardware (tuning machines, pickups, etc) on hand to finish it, but I'm not sure what to use to bond stainless steel to walnut (neck is 100 year old walnut)

What would you guys recommend to bond stainless to wood?

I would guess an expoxy. But, this is no time for guesswork.
Contact Franklin International for the straight scoop on adhesives, or go to thepatriotwoodworker.com and look up this guy:
Hey, folks
Matt has been making some beautiful guitars lately and is a super guy with a great attitude towards helping others learn the craft.
C

Thanks.

I'll try to get in touch with Matt and see if I can get a few ideas and suggestions.

-
Back