Stalling after full throtle?

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm hoping that someone will have a solution for me

I'm having issues when the car sees full throttle, I can roast the tires and fly down the street but as soon as i let off the pedal the car stalls unless i catch it by power breaking or giving it short bursts of gas. It runs fine at daily operating speeds (speed limit or just cruising) but every time i jump on it it stalls on me. My dads advice was to not to punch it (valid advice) and he is stumped and has bigger things to worry about with my car but every once in a while i need some thrills. I have a 360 mild build, holley blue, fuel regulator at 7psi, edelbrock 750 carb. We just replaced the fuel sender if that matters. Do you think i could be sucking air somewhere? Any thoughts???

Thanks

Bryce

If you're running a vacuum advance on your dizzy disconnect the hose and plug it coming off the carb. When you go to zero throttle opening you also go to maximum vacuum and this might be advancing your timing to much for a few seconds. If it was a carb fuel level, or delivery problem, ie. air, you should see a problem with fuel starvation at WOT and 7PSI is correct as long as it's stable.

Terry

-
Back