stalling

-

bill detamore

Reaction score
Here is a new one for you guys.

I have a 318. Stock with an Eddy manifold and a 600. Also elctronic ignition. In the last 3 months and only when it is hot outside and the car has run for awhile, will start to get sluggish and stall. This only happens at a light or when the idle is low. Have not tried, because it happens when i am not ready at all, but beleive I could hit the pedal and everything would be fine.

I was thinking that maybe the fuel line is getting to hot from the header. The guy that installed my manifold and carb used a fuel line that has cloth braided over the top. I honestly do not know what kind of tubing it is.

Also, when it stalls and I try to fire it up, it smells like it is flooded. It sits for awhile and fires right up.

Thoughts?

Mine does the same thing as soon as it is completely warmed up. Same engine. Same carb. It gets flooded and dies. It runs okay until you let off the gas and then it dies. I'd be interested in some suggestions.

I had this problem for a while on my Duster. Thought it was fuel boiling in the carb/fuel lines but turned out to be a bad fuel filter letting crud into the carb and keeping the inlet needles from seating fully, making the bowls overflow. Throw on a new fuel filter and if that doesn't fix it add an insulating carb spacer and/or reroute your fuel line.

add a carb spacer your boiling your gas in the carb and when it stales its vapor locking and you will have to roll her lots to start her again and re rout your fuel line or wrap it with a good insulator.

I just found out that gas was leaking into one of the floats and causing the problem.

-
Back