stanley vidmar cabinets

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
anyone familiar with stanley vidmar storage cabinets. i have worked 2 different places that used these for parts. my current employer has these too. the drawer and divider configurations are almost endless. they are heavy gauge steel, with roller bearing slides, and options for an integral drawer locking mechanism

my employer has theirs in their parts room, and there are several ones they got 6 years ago from an out station they closed. these have been collecting dust for quite a bit. lots of times they give stuff away just to get rid of it, i am going to make my play to get one of these for my garage. i will use it for tools and parts/supplies.

they also have 6 heavy gage pieces of square steel tube with heavy duty swivel castors on them. im going to try to get these pieces for the base sections on my rotisserie i plan on building.

wish me luck

Attachments

• 20130316_145849.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 339
excellent cabinets, just bought one for the machine shop, good for tool bits, inserts, taps, dies, drills , center drills etc., etc.

a 42 inch high or so with 14 drawers was just under 2000 bucks

lista makes a good one as well

Thank you to all my good luck charms out there, my employer is letting me take the heavy six pieces of gage square tubing with the swivels built in. This will be used for the base.on my body rotisserie. I didnt want to push my luck asking for a vidmar cabinet at this time. Gotta wait till the time is right.

I have a local friend who built one of these too. He used FWD plymouth horizon hubs to turn his cars. I need to stop by his shop and get a look at his setup, maybe take some pix. Going to drive my truck to work tomorrow, bring these pieces home to start the collection of metal im gonna need to build the rotisserie.

-
Back