start 72 340 resto

-

ray79rt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started stripping down my 72 340 #matching duster this week. It is going to be a fun rebuild. I got the broadcast sheet out of the rear seat in fair shape. Its torn but most of it is readable. I found it was suppose to have power brakes but it does not have a booster. But I did find the lower booster brace still bolted to the firewall near the steering column. I have a unit on a 73 dart I can use on it. No telling what you will find in 35 year old cars. Will there be a number on the prop valve so I can make sure it is for power brakes, it does have kelsey disk on front. How many horns should there be. Mine had one but has two connectors. Anybody have good driver quality front turn lens for sharktooth grill, mine are alittle cracked. I want to go back with a thermoquad also. I no carb at this time. This is going to be a clean driver car not a Barett Jackson queen. Thanks and I will keep you posted. Ray

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/ray79rt/100_1074.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/ray79rt/100_1077.jpg

Looks like a good project. If you're gonna use a thermoquad (I'm a fan of them too), make sure you don't use a 71 model they're different than the 72 up models. good luck.

Nice looking solid project you have there! Nice little trunk full of goodies, you are lucky, when I opened the trunk on my project all I could see was a lot of bare ground, not the treasures you did!

I started cleaning out the trunk and found most of the engine pieces that had been removed. When I bought the car the heads were removed and in the trunk. The engine must have been using oil because it had an oil fouler installed in one spark plug hole. The radiator, fan clutch, intake, fuel line, dist all were in the trunk. after cleaning out the trunk I found alittle more rust than I am willing to let slide. I am going to replace the floor, both inner quarter extensions and the lower quarter panels. Any place to buy these other than Year One. I always like to compare prices. Still having fun, Ray

-
Back