starter issues???

-

1971dodgedart/6

Reaction score
i havent started my slant 6 in a year because of the carb and ive been so busy with the body, but 6 months ago i turned the slant 6 over to make sure nothing was getting stuck. well now ive been preparing for it to run, new carb, tank, filter battery. and it has no response.. i pulled all the plugs and washed the cylinders down with wd40 as with the valvetrain. i pulled the starter off, hooked my new battery, ground to the body of the starter and hit the small terminal on the starter and it locks but doensnt spin, isnt it supposed to crank when it locks up? or am i doing something wrong?

i havent started my slant 6 in a year because of the carb and ive been so busy with the body, but 6 months ago i turned the slant 6 over to make sure nothing was getting stuck. well now ive been preparing for it to run, new carb, tank, filter battery. and it has no response.. i pulled all the plugs and washed the cylinders down with wd40 as with the valvetrain. i pulled the starter off, hooked my new battery, ground to the body of the starter and hit the small terminal on the starter and it locks but doensnt spin, isnt it supposed to crank when it locks up? or am i doing something wrong?
i did it wrong. i hooked the positive battery lead to the large terminal and hooked my remote starter from that to the small terminal and it spins. it had to be the ignition solenoid...

-
Back