Starting from scratch AGAIN.....

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Well after a little over 3 years to get my 71 Dart back "road legal", I decided to start cleaning a little on one of my other projects....

Still have not decided where this project is headed but I knew it needed some cleaning so I dove in today!!!

Picture 005.jpg

And after a few hours........ and feeling like a hunch back after leaning over for way to long.. I got about 1/3 of the trunk floor cleaned up a little!!!

Picture 013.jpg

And after a few more hours...... :) Just happy that I didn't find any major rust that would need to be cut out!!!! I still need to clean up the wheel housings and the area below the package tray, then on to the interior!!

71SatGreenTrunk (3).jpg

That sure did clean up nicely.:thumblef:
Good job carcrazyguy!! no rust!!! that had to be a good sight.
Keep up the good work, hope your back is doing fine.
I put a new dist and plugs in a /6 and just stood there for a while after I stood up. my friend drove up and seen me just standing there with old dist on the ground and tools on my fender cover!!
he ask how it is going and I said ug!! and pointed to my cooler.:shaking:

Wow, that's amazing, you don't see trunks clean up like that very often, lucky you :toothy7:

that looks like the same trunk pan that I have in my 71 roadrunner. Verry verry clean good to see mother nature didnt rob you of your precious metals

that looks like the same trunk pan that I have in my 71 roadrunner.

:) It is just a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus. I am trying to get it all cleaned up so I can make a list to get started on it. Still undecided on color combo. I have been thinking Curious Yellow with white interior. However my wife has said she would like it to be Purple with black interior. So that is still up in the air. I also need to locate a motor for it, so it will be a LLLLOOONNNGGG while before I am ready to send out to the bodyshop.

71SatGREENbeforeCleaning.JPG

I'm actually looking to get rid of the 440 in my 71 right now. I know better than to say it but then whares the fun, I'm taking it out to put a turbo slant six in the car (just cant afford the big blocks anymore.)

Nice job! Good to see that rust hadn't embedded it's nasty little claws in your project. It probably won't either since you scraped out anything that moisture like to hang out in.

:) It is just a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus. I am trying to get it all cleaned up so I can make a list to get started on it. Still undecided on color combo. I have been thinking Curious Yellow with white interior. However my wife has said she would like it to be Purple with black interior. So that is still up in the air. I also need to locate a motor for it, so it will be a LLLLOOONNNGGG while before I am ready to send out to the bodyshop.

I really like the red with the body color elastometric bumpers like the one in the pic but personally I like the white interior with the white body accents

71roadrunner.jpg

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions!! I am thinking maybe a 408 or possibly a 440 if I can find one somewhat locally. Also I am going to add an airgrabber setup to the Satellite hood. Mainly because the RoadRunner hoods are more expensive than adding the airgrabber bubble and door. Anyway the car is pretty solid, I know that I need a front bumper (it is twisted), but other than that it is going to be just buying repop parts like marker lights, exhaust tips, the airgrabber setup, seat covers, carpet, and what not. I also jumped the gun and bought a set of Weld Pro-Stars!! I know kinda putting the cart before the horse..... :) But it sure is nice motivation to see the nice shiney wheels and tires just waiting to installed!! :) :)

-
Back