Starting issuses please help

-

hawkgoalie31

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Heres my problem. My dad and I just finsihed my 74 duster full restore. When i go to start the car it starts fine and no problems. Every once in a while i turn the key and nothing happens. My dad figured it out to out in it nuetral and shake it a bit then it turns right over. Could this be a problem with the nuetral safty switch not enganing and how come it only does it every so often. please help

Thanks
Brian

Hey guys,

Heres my problem. My dad and I just finsihed my 74 duster full restore. When i go to start the car it starts fine and no problems. Every once in a while i turn the key and nothing happens. My dad figured it out to out in it nuetral and shake it a bit then it turns right over. Could this be a problem with the nuetral safty switch not enganing and how come it only does it every so often. please help

Thanks
Brian

Could be, did ya check the wiring at the connector? May be something barley making contact?:read2:

Bad Ground?

Are the bushings OK in the shifter or is there a lot of slop?

Could be, did ya check the wiring at the connector? May be something barley making contact?:read2:

Bad Ground?

Are the bushings OK in the shifter or is there a lot of slop?

well there is a lot of slop from like nuetral to drive and when i am idleing it vibrates real back and bugs the crap out of me but why does it only do it every so often

-
Back