Starting something...?

-
K

Kent

A short re-introduction of myself. Name is kent, live in Sweden, consumes more coffee than is healthy for you as well as beer and heavy metal. I have to kids and a fiancé. I am currently on a paternity leave and have not had any access to the internet for some time until now. I have purchased myself a computer to my home...

Reading and posting at the forum will hopefully give me some inspiration to start with this.

My A-body Mopar projects that I currently on is a Valiant -62 with a slant six. This is a later project as all of my projects.

My second A-body project is the following... It is a 67 Barracuda, the side marker lights are the work of a previous owner. It is a original 383 barracuda with a 4 spd manual gearbox. There are some serious work to be done on this one. It does not run and have not run in a long time. As seen it needs just about everything...

My fiance have forbidden me to move the car in to garage before it is totally disassembled since I found a few (dead) Latrodectus mactans or Black widow spiders in it. Yes, this car comes from California.

Other cars at my place: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/839981/3

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1930.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

Welcome aboard Kent. That's quite a collection of machinery you have there. I especially like the old moped. If those spiders can't produce a passport, boot their webbed asses back to Cali. :)

Welcome-I won't carry on any more about how hard it is to find parts in new York. Got to be better than Sweden. Wish you guys all the best on your mopars.

Besides a few band-aids she will be a nice ride.:cheers: Good luck and enjoy....Welcome BTW.

2052882_1.jpg

Just throw a bug bomb in it and let er rip. That should take care of any pests lingering in the cuda.

Thank you all for the welcoming.

Yep, the spiders were freebies with the car. I have learned more than I thought I ever would about these eightlegged little freaks. It is kind of interesting.

After looking up a few numbers I can say that this is a "numbers matching" car or at least correctly coded considering engine, gearbox and rearaxle for the 67 Barracuda.

This will not be an all out original resto. The changes made will be from the blue exterior/interior to silver exterior and black interior with mildly tinted windows and most likely black steel wheels. Since I on my donor body (pic) which by the way are straight and almost rust free have a 8,75" rearaxle with the large bolt pattern I might just convert the front to the same pattern for a wider selection of rims.

This weekend I will take some evening time if the snow has melted away to perhaps start the engine. It turns over, has oil in it and the spark plugs looks ok.

DSCN1754.jpg

OldVart, some impressive work on your Vart, eer Dart it is. So, how much longer did your resto took than planned?

My goal is to have it ready and driving in spring 2010. My goal is to do everything myself except the machinework on the block and reupholstering the dashboard.

Aaron, nice work on your duster also. I suppose it can burn rubber at anytime at any speed at your will...

Kent, my restification is still ongoing. :) I didn't find any spiders, but I did find a lot of other things that needed fixing. Plus, I haven't been able to allocate the time to it that I originally planned. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

-
Back