Steel bellhousing for A833

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
WHich one fits the best in a 1969 A body ... 340 , WITHOUT MAJOR modifications .. if there are any mods needed ... what are they ... or what parts need to be also purchased to avoid major mods ?
THanks

No such thing as a steel bellhousing for a small block. There's cast iron and aluminum.

I have a Lakewood STEEL blowproof bellhousing on my 1968 Valiant behind a 340. It fits pretty well and required no major mods. One thing is you can see the car doesn't have an OEM bellhousing from a mile away, the lower portion is pretty visible.

Lakewood (if you can find one) or Quicktime (if you can afford it). Search this forum. Based on some posts, they are not a direct bolt on and go.

I wonder what a steel big block bell housing and cover are worth now? $$$$

Got to be a lakewood as mentioned to be steel for the sbm.

I am assuming that you guys with a 550+ smallblock , 4 speed go this route?

I would say anything above 350 hp if it is going to be raced. As mentioned the lakewood is not just a simple install most have to be alighned by using off set dowel pins.

what is the part number on the bell housing? there are a couple different size clutches and the bell will make a difference on which clutch you use? difference could be as much as 25%.

-
Back