steel wheel question

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have made my mind up on a set of wheels for the duster. I need some help on some things & I know you guys can help8)! Im wanting to run the O.E. style steelies on the car with some dog dish hubcaps. I have found some good 15"-7" wheels for the front, but the car has 14"-10"s on the rear now( SBP ralleys), but I want to run BBP 15's on the car soooo:

In order to run a 15"-10" wheel, from wheel vintiques with the statistics of: Rim Size: 15 x 10 Bolt Circle: 5-4 1/2 Rear Spacing: 5 1/2 Will I need to do the spring re-lo & tub the rears to the frame? No biggie if I do, just need to know ahead of time in order to start buyin stuff!

Thanks alot, Matt W.

P.S. the car is sporting S/S springs & some crazy gas shocks of unknown brand.

hey matt, ive had the same questions when i was doing my 69 valiant. and what i had to do was...with the drum on, measure from the drum surface to your springs(or inner fender if its closer to the drum surface than the spring is...im not sure on a duster, but it will prolly be springs)....and then measure from the drum surface to the closest part of your fender...its not an exact science but it will get you close. if you look on my restoration thread i have the latest pictures with my 15x7" steel wheels. i gave my measurements to stockton and they were able to tell me what wheel to go with...hope this helps, if you have any other questions message me

Thanks alot 69', i'll give it a try & see what I come up with!

-
Back