Steer and Gear

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Members. I would like to give a shout out for Steer and Gear out of Columbus, Ohio. They did my PS gear on my 66 a few years back, and they just did a Stage III PS Gear for my 65 Dart. They are reasonable in price, produce quality in their work, they were timely in getting this gear back to me, and very courteous in their communications. Just a remark of appreciation for a quality company. Sometimes, it seems, it is hard to find these qualities in business today. I give them a 10 on a scale of one to ten. If you need your gear rebuilt, i would like to offer a mention of recommendation. Thanks. sgrip65

I have used them for my original 65 Dart wagon box as well. I wanted my original box back as I understand from my good friend @65dartcharger the early A boxes mount just a bit different than later boxes, although the later ones will certainly mount up. I can't remember the exact difference so maybe Ulf will chime in. I dropped my original box off at Carlisle and picked it up at the Nationals - quick turn around time indeed!

Last edited:
Steer and Gear did my Firm Feel did P/S box and it was a real improvement on what I had. The problem is something designed over 50 years ago just can't compete with new technology such as the Borgenson box. It's like comparing an LA engine to a gen 3 hemi. The LA engine was very good in its day, carb and all but nothing to compare to the horsepower there getting out of the new Hemi with the F.I..

They do excellent work, I have bought several of their boxes over the years.

Just talked to them on the phone today. Very pleasant and helpful.
Will be buying a from them next week.

Just talked to them on the phone today. Very pleasant and helpful.
Will be buying a from them next week.

Indeed these folks are....friendly and helpful. sgrip65

-
Back