steering box installation

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 74 Duster and am think about getting a new power steering box for it. The drivers exhaust manifold would obviously have to come off, but other than that is it an easy job. It's a 318 car. Has anyone here done it before? Thanks

Hi - I have a 74 Duster and am think about getting a new power steering box for it. The drivers exhaust manifold would obviously have to come off, but other than that is it an easy job. It's a 318 car. Has anyone here done it before? Thanks

i did one in my 72 dart last year i had to replace the one in my car cause of problems anyway i didnt even have to take the manifold off just dropped the exhaust down pulled the starter and unbolted the motor and lifted it up with my cherry picker then i unbolted the pitman arm and moved the draglink out of the way i dont remember if i had to take the draglink out or not seems like i may have but only to replace the whole thing with new stuff not sure if it will come out if you leave the draglink in anyway then just unbolted the box dropped it out the bottom and put the new box in and bolted everything else back up that was the most convient way for me to do it but like i said i was replacing other stuff anyway but hopefully it may work for you Good Luck Justin

-
Back