Steering column adapter?

-

kempkan

Reaction score
I'm doing a big block swap in a "73 dart and i'm going to get a manual gearbox tomorrow but i dont know where to get the steering column adapter. If anyone knows any web sites or companies please let me know.
Thanks everyone!

Do you need to buy the adapter? or is there a way around it without buying the steering shaft or the column adapter?

Replacing the whole column from a manual steering car is about the only other way.

you can just replace just the center shaft with one from a manual steering car, I think any 67 and up A-body shaft will work,

Do you need to buy the adapter? or is there a way around it without buying the steering shaft or the column adapter?
Here's the cheap and sleazy way to do it but you will need a manual steering box coupler though: take the column out, remove the power steer coupler, place the column on the floor steering wheel side down and whack the shaft with a hammer, dont go nuts on it just hit it hard enough to collapse it. Then put the manual coupler on it reinstall the column. This will allow you to pull the lower shaft down far enough to connect to the steering box without using an expensive adapter.

does the flaming river gear box come with the coupler? i thought i seen in the summit catalog it included the coupler or was i seeing things? I'm just going to buy a new one my guy feel through now i need one pretty quick.

-
Back