-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopardude318

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
hello, I would like a manual steering column, (preferred) or power steering column doesnt matter, as long as its for a floor shifted auto or manual tranny car. I am converting to a floor shift automatic, and would like a floor shift column to match. please let me know what you have...

May I suggest you try to find any 1968/1969 dodge/plymouth that is a floor shift and swap over the upper collars. That way if you can find say a B-body, or C-body column, you may be able to pick that up cheaper than the hard to find/higher price a-body piece.

Did that swap myself, came out great.

So your saying find any '68 or '69 Dodge or Plymouth B or C body column that was a floor shift, then swap out the upper collars onto my column? That's an idea! Do you have any pics? Do the upper collars differ any from the other cars than the A-body ones?

68 and 69 collars are what you want. They are all identical. You will need to pull the steering wheel, remove the snap ring from the bearing, the upper bearing, the shifter mech., etc., The collars swap right over (two of them). Then I ended up cutting off the arm at the bottom of the column, and it works great.

If You Are Interested I Have A Complete Floor Shift Column From A67 Barracuda Including Floor Brackets And Shifter If You Want Pm Me And We Can Make Adeal I Just Think Shipping Would Be Expensive

Hello James-

Here are some pics, please let me know if you would like some others !

A-body only 057 (Small).jpg

A-body only 056 (Small).jpg

A-body only 055 (Small).jpg

A-body only 054 (Small).jpg

A-body only 053 (Small).jpg

A-body only 052 (Small).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back