Steering Column ID and Bushing Information Help

-

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
Hello All,
Can any fellow members ID the year of this steering column for me please.
It has a 3.5 inch coupler on the end.
Its a floor shift and has P/S.
Also the bushing seems to be missing in the lower end of the column?
What is the correct one that would go in there?
I added the listings from year one as reference but I don't know the year of the column to get the correct one.
My column does not have the propositions for the two retaining screws as depicted in part BH190. The only thing that remotely looks like it would hold the bushing in is the "C" clip on the shaft.
Also if it is part BH191 does any one know a cheaper source to buy from?
Or what would be the correct one?
Any help is truly appreciated .
Happy Mopar:)
Arron

Bushing.jpg

Steering 2.jpg

Steering 1.jpg

IMG_6769.JPG

Bushing  1.jpg

Last edited:
I.D. it. 1970 up floor shift column with light package. Looks like according to your pic that either one will work. Pricey !!

I.D. it. 1970 up floor shift column with light package. Looks like according to your pic that either one will work. Pricey !!
Hello,
In reading the description of both bearings, One is mounted with two bolts and the other is mounted with three bolts.
The lower collar I have has no holes in it that would accommodate the bolts.
This is why I am trying to figure out the year of the steering column I have to get the correct parts.
Thanks in advance
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Theres a thread somewhere on fabo where they show an industrial bearing you can buy that's cheaper and better than the stock one. You can prob use the search engine on fabo to find it. I think it's called. "How to replace your lower column bearing better and cheaper" or something to that effect. If your not about originality, then I would say go that route.

Heres the article. Just search it. I think the mod bearing costs less than $20

Screenshot_20191020-222752_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Theres a thread somewhere on fabo where they show an industrial bearing you can buy that's cheaper and better than the stock one. You can prob use the search engine on fabo to find it. I think it's called. "How to replace your lower column bearing better and cheaper" or something to that effect. If your not about originality, then I would say go that route.

Hello,
Yes I did see that post,
How To Replace your Lower Column Bearing: Better and Cheaper!!!
That collar has three slots that hold the plastic bushing in place.
It also looks like the inner diameter of the lower collar is straight where mine looks somewhat tapered.
yes in trying to stay with the oem style of restoration on this build.
Thanks in advance,
happy Mopar :)
arron
bearing 7.jpg

I will be going this route on my sons car, since it's a floor shift, and I have no desire to pay close to $100 for some plastic repop bolt in bearing.

-
Back