steering column interchange

-

norton

Doing the best that I can
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a steering column out of a 72 Duster with power steering, in a 72 Duster with manual steering.

The power steering column is going to come up short on the box end and the P/S coupler will be different from the manual. You can take the steering shaft and coupler out of the manual column and use them in the power column if you like or switch the upper column pieces around if your switching from column to floor shift, the parts will interchange between the two.

Im actually going the other way. I want to change from floor shift to column shift. So can I make this column work by using the upper parts from the power column on my column.
Thanks Dan.

So, you have a manual steering, floor shift column and want to swap in a power steering, column shift column, and keep the manual steering. Is that correct? If so , you will find what you need here http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mamastad.html among other places (Firmfeel, Flaming River) and you don't need to take both columns apart and make the one you want...

-
Back