Steering Column Mount Question

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 69 Dart that was originally a column shift and several years ago I purchased a floor shift column for it. After receiving it I noticed that the lower 2 bolt flange was not on it and I didn't think much about it since it would be a long time before I got to that point anyway. Fast forward to today I have restored the column, and reassembled it not thinking about the 2 bolt flange (Again), I am taking it apart again. Now heres the problem the 2 bolt flange will not go over either end of the column because of protrusions sticking out of the column. I know the lower 2 protrusions are for the flange to fit against as it bolts to the 3 bolt firewall flange, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the 2 bolt flange over and down to the lower part of the column. Here's some pics. Any help would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 111
Hey guys,
After going over tons of photos, I finally found one that had the close up I needed to get me straightened out. It turns out that the collar actually goes on from the lower end of the column, and is not used to tighten the column to the firewall but mearly keep it the correct distance from the firewall. The upper support holds it in place. Since my car has been disassembled for 8 years,my mind couldn't picture what it looked like.
Thanks
Martin

-
Back