Steering Column Mystery Wires??

-

JoesEdge

Reaction score
Hello!!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where these mystery wires/plug goes. I don't see anywhere under the dash where it would plug into.

They actually come out of the bottom of the steering column. That might not be too apparent in the pictures. But they come out of the same location that the turn signal wires come out of.

I plan to take apart my steering column sometime soon to replace my ignition tumbler and check the condition of my turn signal switch since my turn signals stopped working (again) so I might find out then, but I figure I'd ask first.

Thanks guys! I couldn't put this car together without you. Much appreciated! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160109_162302.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20160109_162312.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 162
Someone here has to know what that plug is.

to the top for ya.

So, what is it we are workin on? year make etc?

Is this a replacement TS switch? Cornering lamps "if equipped"

light green

tan

violet

I recognize that little sucker but just can't place it.

the replacement switches come with that plug.it's not used except for later cars with side blinkers iirc.just ignore it.

Woops! It's a 74 Duster. I wasn't sure if one of the previous owners had replaced something in the column with an incorrect part, or if they hacked up the wire harness and I as missing something.

the replacement switches come with that plug.it's not used except for later cars with side blinkers iirc.just ignore it.

When you say "replacement switch" you mean a turn signal switch right? I just looked at a picture of a replacement turn signal switch from Classic Industries and they have that same plug in the kit. Interesting.

So...I should just tuck it up somewhere?

I thought it had something to do with the signals, but couldn't remember where or why.

Woops! It's a 74 Duster. I wasn't sure if one of the previous owners had replaced something in the column with an incorrect part, or if they hacked up the wire harness and I as missing something.

When you say "replacement switch" you mean a turn signal switch right? I just looked at a picture of a replacement turn signal switch from Classic Industries and they have that same plug in the kit. Interesting.

Yep.

Yes I thought I said that

So, what is it we are workin on? year make etc?

Is this a replacement TS switch? Cornering lamps "if equipped"

light green

tan

violet

Oh sorry! Yes, you did say it. I originally was looking on my phone and I guess I scrolled past your post. Sorry about that!

-
Back