Steering joint problems

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
OK...I have totally striped the front suspension out of the "D"

But, I have discovered there is a large amount of rotational play in the slider joint just above the steering box. I didn't see anything in Paddock or Year One about these. Where do I go to get rebuild/replacement parts??

I am adding a manual box instead of the power, so it's already taken apart, and the slider is off the shaft because the top clamp portion was already broken...

Any ideas??

Without my taking the time to look at their sites, I would guess Flaming River & Firm Feel come to mind as like sources for replacements. Good luck!

I believe that places like year one or the paddock will have rebuild kits for the steering coupler. BUT... do you know that a power steering column will NOT work with manual steering? You'll need either a manual column or the adaptor that is sold by one of the suspension shops( I'm not sure which one).

don

Yes, I already have the adapter. Thanks for the heads-up though.

I didn't see the rebuild kit in either my Year One or Paddock catalogs (or online)...

However, I did find the P/N for the factory rebuild kit, (P/N 4443436AC) and the local Dodge dealer actually has them IN STOCK!! Costs a whopping $10. Gee, I dunno, that might break my budget!!;-)

Luckily I have a few weeks to wait for my headers to come back from getting ceramic coated. That'll give me time to get the steering taken care of (and a bunch of other stuff).

:burnout:

-
Back