Steering/K-frame stiffening

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
Rich Ehrenberg wrote an article about this new device in the Dec 2011 issue of MOPAR ACTION. He installed the prototype on the Project Savoy car. It is supposed to drastically reduce (or eliminate) K-frame flexing due to the long pittman arm drop. It makes sense to me.

http://www.firmfeel.com/sectorkit_a.htm

I think my k-frame has a brace welded between the box mount and the frame, if I remember I will check it when I go out side......

W/a manual box car, my buddy made a bracket that went from on of the nuts a top the housing to the subframe (welded @ subframe, hole for the bolt to go through to the steering box body). The K was also fully gussetted, perimeter welded, and he put about a 2 1/2-3" skid plate on the bottom. With all that and this FF piece, man, that would be ROCK solid!

W/a manual box car, my buddy made a bracket that went from on of the nuts a top the housing to the subframe (welded @ subframe, hole for the bolt to go through to the steering box body). The K was also fully gussetted, perimeter welded, and he put about a 2 1/2-3" skid plate on the bottom. With all that and this FF piece, man, that would be ROCK solid!

Did your friend happen to take any pictures of his project?

Out of Interest,all Australian K-frames are fully skid plated on the bottom and they DO seem more robust than the US ones.
Unfortuneately though,our steering boxes are mounted to the subframe rail which is a bit of a sore point.

This product was made by Firmfeel, I called them to see if they were available yet. They took down my name and number and said they would call me when production of the part is rolling. I want one to see if it will help, but I dont think they are priced yet.

-
Back