steering wheel help

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
i hav a grant on bout my plymouths but i would like to put a stock one on my 64 4 door i got one but its cracking at the base i know this is the norm but it just in one spot on the one i have its better than the rest ive seen i would like to fix it and make it look good but have no ideal what to use have any of u guys done this and how im 22 and just starting out so dont know alot of tricks

no one knows ?

I don't know, but I will say you are veeeerrrrry patient with 3 months between your questions without an answer. Welcome to FABO and I hope another member can help you. :cheers:

I don't know, but I will say you are veeeerrrrry patient with 3 months between your questions without an answer. Welcome to FABO and I hope another member can help you. :cheers:
well i am but its mosty my computers been down so i aint been on im not as good with them as i am with my cars lol

Probably the best method is to purchase and install one of the steering wheel
covers available. I perfer the insulated type that wraps around the wheel and is secured with a lace, it is easy on the hands in cold and hot weather.

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a steering wheel that is cracked in many places. Being currently unemployed, I put my time value at about zero so I was wondering how I could fill and smooth the cracks to make it look good rather than buy a new one. I wonder if there is a paint or coating of some kind that you could apply after filling the cracks??

I redid mine about a year ago. It was in three pieces. (the center circle cracked in half) I used gorilla glue to glue it back into one piece and then used epoxy putty for the missing chunks. I sanded it all down about a million times, then used glazing putty all around for the small hairline cracks. Then sanded another million times. Then primed and painted. Looks pretty good but small cracks are starting to show since my kids sometimes kick the seat forward which smashes the bottom of the wheel. I have pics somewhere if needed.

In the past I bought a steering wheel restoration kit(don't remember where)it consisted of a can of PC-7. It is a 2 part epoxy(I think) filler, the kit might of included a booklet too. You grind the cracks out into a v-shape, and then fill with the pc-7, then sand after it dries, then prime and paint. I beleive I have found pc-7 at local hardware stores.

In the past I bought a steering wheel restoration kit(don't remember where)it consisted of a can of PC-7. It is a 2 part epoxy(I think) filler, the kit might of included a booklet too. You grind the cracks out into a v-shape, and then fill with the pc-7, then sand after it dries, then prime and paint. I beleive I have found pc-7 at local hardware stores.

sounds easy enough... Paint with what? Anything special?

-
Back