Status
Not open for further replies.

pigman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My steering wheel is cracked..
need one For my '66 valiant signet...interior is light blue. . if you have one, and it's not the right color, let me know anyway..white might do.

also maybe other models might do the trick.

Thanks...pigman

Fix it....... It takes time but the finished product is worth it.

Kit from Eastwood and about 50 Hours of your time.

I agree with 69383S, restore yours. Finding an early 2 spoke steering wheel uncracked is next to impossible. In fact finding one worth restoring is even getting difficult. Best of luck in your search.

mine looked this bad!
View attachment DSCF3015.JPG

View attachment DSCF3014.JPG

View attachment DSCF3013.JPG

View attachment wheel done front.jpg

View attachment wheel done back!.jpg

p7 epoxy putty to fix the cracks and piece it back together.
sand and file to shape.
bulldog adhesion promoter so the paint will hold on tight,
epoxy sealer to lock onto the bulldog.
primer and wetsand to final smoothness
paint with either single stage or for even more protection do base coat clear coat.
bam!:cheers:new wheel with minimal money outlay (lotta time though.)

My steering wheel is cracked..
need one For my '66 valiant signet...interior is light blue. . if you have one, and it's not the right color, let me know anyway..white might do.

also maybe other models might do the trick.

Thanks...pigman

OOPS I forgot to mention that I bead blasted the wheel to get rid of a lot of crud and rust before starting.

if you are not wanting to fix yours and do end up getting another wheel.(and if it's a 2 spoke similar to mine pictured.)
Let me know I can always use a spare to work on and spiff up for the other dart.

It does take a bit of time depending on the severity of the cracks (waiting on epoxy to harden takes the most time).:D

I've got one in the garage now that will be going on the wife's. I got that from a member on here. It is going to be painted diamond pearl black to contrast against a pearl white interior on the 66 dart after it is fixed.

Nice Work 66DVERT!!!!!!
thanks your looks pretty good too!
I've got a lot more time than money and it relaxes me. (I've never worked so hard to be relaxed when I did have a job though:glasses7:)
That wheel was my first one in a long time and I forgot how long it took to get it done as bad as it was. I hope the next few I do won't be as bad.

Wow nice work, guys.
So I guess there's hope for mine ? It's cracked all around like this.
I opened-up all the cracks and PC-7'd them all but it's been sitting for a couple years now due to fear of sanding and the horrifying look of the wheel with the epoxy all over it. I suppose it's set-up pretty good by now though.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 125
Thank You Gentlemen for your input on my question.
Looks like Eastwood is the answer..Thanks..pigman

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back