Stephen's Performance

-

k3522

Reaction score
I ordered a used console automatic shifter on Ffriday 05/16/08 from Stephens and the guy seemed rushed and short on the phone, I explained my Dart will sit until I get the part. In short order, he said the shifter was $129. He did not want to here my deliema. I just e-mailed them and it may ship today. I saw there ad in Moper Collectors Guide and seen how long they have been in business and gave them a try but unless the part is in outstanding condition I will not order from them again. It seems like vendors feel like they have it, you want it and I will treat you by whatever mood I am in!

There kind of hit and miss...In 1992 i bought bench seat from them, needed work which i knew but the price and shipping was high. I also bought a switch from them, was alot of $$$, should have waited for ebay. Another time i was going to buy some wheels, but the guy i spoke with took time and was nice, he even told me i'd save money buying them elsewhere and gave me some help ..

If it doesn't work out I have a couple auto shifters and I only need one...

Dave

I've never ordered from them but I've hear a good amount of negative about Stephen's. I think most of it has had to do with customer service....

We are finally going to have a nice Pennsylvania weekend and the car is going to sit in the garage. My cheby friend's are I always rubbing it in on how easy it is for them to get parts and how cheap they are. This pisses me off to no end!!!!!

I live about 60 miles from Stephens and I would do without before I buy from him. None of the mopars guys around my area will do business with them and I don't think he cares. His business comes from rich folks or foreigners who don't care what the price is they just need it. His stuff can just rust away as far as I'm concerned.

We are finally going to have a nice Pennsylvania weekend and the car is going to sit in the garage. My cheby friend's are I always rubbing it in on how easy it is for them to get parts and how cheap they are. This pisses me off to no end!!!!!

Lol, I know how it is. Get some Mitsubishi friends, they'll make you feel better with their broken crap. I have several friends who are die-hard Mitsu guys and they're stuff is always broken and always costs a ton to fix. No thanks....I'll stick with my /6 and be slow :D

Lol, I know how it is. Get some Mitsubishi friends, they'll make you feel better with their broken crap. I have several friends who are die-hard Mitsu guys and they're stuff is always broken and always costs a ton to fix. No thanks....I'll stick with my /6 and be slow :D

Haha No truer statement was ever made!

the Mitsu guys problems are under-rated parts for guys who want more power all the time!

Their cars were not built for what they put them through, let alone just hard street driving. All the Mitsu/DSM Guys up here are always broken.

One even put the License plate on his car:

PCACRP (Piece A Crap)

i tried to buy a fender for a charger from him about 10 years ago , he wanted 500 and 100 to crate it then shipping , then he gave me the one year made story, it was a 71. he thinks his stuff is made of gold.

I never will order from them again. I order a 68 Charger fender that was suppose to be rust free and straight. I was not straight and there was some deep rust pits in it. Payed good money for it. Made him give me a refund and returned it. The guy there was a smart a**.

Im glad to see I'm not alone with them at Stephens. They screwed me last year pretty bad twice. I inquired about used kickdown linkage for the smallblock. They quoted me for repro-at $295.00! I again told the girl "no no, I can get the repro for $100.00 cheaper from YEAR ONE and I cant even afford that! , Im asking how much for a used set". She tells me they would need to check the yard and get back - meanwhile we completed a small order. My parts arrive, included on the invoice was a charge for $295.00 for the repop linkage i never even considered ordering. It took from March '07 until May '07 before the owner actually called me himself to follow up on this. I told him during our converstion "man you guys have F'n nerve making an unauthorized charge on my account." He apologized & promised to credit my account. He didnt after 2 weeks. Good thing for credit card protection. Got my money back. Then get this: a box arrives last July at my house with brand new smallblock kickdown linkage! WTF? I called the vendor up(who dropshipped) and told him it was never ordered. He had to send FedEx to pick it back up from me.
Also had problem with a repop fan shroud for the 22" A body rad. It warped after a few hours. Just a total peice of crap repop, and of course I find out Stephens charges $25.00 more than the next guy to boot. had to get an R/A # and send it back along with copies of sales slip etc... All I wanted was a full credit on defective part. They said they would do it, but failed to follow up. Had to submit another complaint thru my CC bank to get a credit.
I will never do business with them again, or send anyone their direction for parts.

Don't let it bother you. I used to get pissed over parts availability and prices until I realized that,
(A.) I will only need one.
(B.) if I can find parts on every street corner, it's because I need parts on every street corner.
(C.) cheap parts are exactly that.
The chebby guys need to find and buy 5 or 6 to get as much use out of it as we get from 1. It's all in your perspective.

A Few Years Back When I Was Driving From Ga To Az I Decided To Give Stephens A Call. At The Time I Was Looking For A 71 Duster Auto Console, Bucket Seats, And A Rally Dash, I Was Assured The Rally Dash Was Uncut, After Dirving A Few Hours Off My Route I Get To Stephens And It Was Nothing More Than A Old Junkyard And A Barn Type Office, Only Then Did I Find Out This Guy Buys And Resales From All Over, The Good Old American Way Of Doing Business, Anyway As I Waited Some 45 Min For The Guy To Get Done Talking Calls And Flipping Cataloges As He Told The Caller Yup Got That Its $$$, So Check All Your Options You Know The Internet Is A Very Powerful Tool Use It To You Advantage And Find Your Best Price, As For Me I Walked Away Buying Nothing, The Rally Dash Was Cut And Due To The Long Wait I Wouldnt Buy From Stephens, I Did Find A Great Deal And Now Have All The Parts To Make My Duster What I Wanted Years Ago When I Bought The Little Duster New
Larry

-
Back