Steps to finish Project..

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My son and I have gotten our Dusters body and frame rust free, straight and painted with the good advice and encouragement from FABO members.

The car is truly a roller with all glass but windshield. Suspension, rear, steering column and power steering box are in the car, absolutely nothing else.

We have a complete mild build motor and a good operating 904 that I think we should put a transgo shiftkit in. The TC plan is to go with the factory high stall unit, rated at about 2500.

The car was pretty complete, and slightly raped for some small parts when we bought it but the motor and trans had failed catastrophically.

My question is, since we have little to no budget for purchases, If this were your low buck project, what would be the order of how you would go about finishing? Being a complete novice, here is my projected 12 step program LOL ( I should start drinking )

1 wiper assembly with new seals
2 heat/ac box
3 strip/paint dash frame, install, bolt up steering column
4 clean and re-install all wiring harnesses
5 install fuel tank assembly/ run fuel lines
6 install brake lines
7 install engine/transmission as assembly from top
8 radiator/hoses/trans cool lines
9 exhaust
10 final wiring
11 bumpers ( where can I send my front for re-chrome or get replacement)
12 interior/headliner/windshield

I'd like to know what anyone else thinks....

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 162
  • photo 3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 127
  • photo.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 117
Hi Guy's, you're about 20 minutes from me... let me know if you need a hand.

Question: I know you said that you're on a budget but since the engine bay is open I'm wondering if the suspension needs rebuilding..

It's much easier to do out of the car.

Otherwise, I would
clean and re-install all wiring harnesses (particularly the dash harness) befor installing the dash

Otherwise I think you're good to go.

Have fun!

AlV

Question: I know you said that you're on a budget but since the engine bay is open I'm wondering if the suspension needs rebuilding..

Otherwise, I would
clean and re-install all wiring harnesses (particularly the dash harness) befor installing the dash

Have fun!

AlV

Thanks! You know we're going to take you up on that offer!

Otherwise, I would

Have fun!

AlV

X2
looks like nice job!!!!! you guys should be proud!!!!

-
Back