Stereo deck mounting?

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
I'm thinking of finally putting a stereo in my duster. I don't like the idea of cutting up the dash for the deck. Anyone have interesting spots they mount there decks?

Although I havent done it yet my plans are to remove the glove box liner and install an aluminum plate behind the glove box door to mount my aftermarket stereo in. THat way it will be hidden when the door is closed but get to enjoy the stock look and superior sound.

I have mine in the glove box. Im gonna spruce up the install soon, just a temp fox for some tunes

We didn't want to chop up the dash but we wanted to be able to access the unit while driving so we found a unit that holds the deck that mounts under the dash and uses existing screws.

I don't have any pictures yet but I can take some if you like.

Grassy

I made a small console. It sits up over the hump. It is big enough for two door speakers on each side and the unit up front. I made it from light weight wood, covered it in fiberglass and painted gloss black. My only mistake was not installing three gauges? It would have taken up the blank space and looked much more awesomemer.

I made a small console. It sits up over the hump. It is big enough for two door speakers on each side and the unit up front. I made it from light weight wood, covered it in fiberglass and painted gloss black. My only mistake was not installing three gauges? It would have taken up the blank space and looked much more awesomemer.

Thought about that myself when I made my console ..I have 2 * 5 inch tri axles and 2 tweets..I was a little nervous about slowly shaking the deck apart..

Here is what Im gonna tackle in the near future. I found it looking on Craigslist.

Mine has a 1x4 board wrapped in some extra fabric for like I said a temp fix for some tunes

theres a thread on FABO somewhere about a stereo system with no head unit. you can run through an auxillary cord and use your ipod or other MP3 device, and leave the stock radio in the dash for the look. Ill see if I can find it again.

-
Back