Steve magnante's 1962 dodge dart police car

-
It's good see him on the mend but really shitty he's in the position he's in because of illness. Did he not have health insurance through working for MT or BJ? I guess it's irrelevant at this point, but it sure sucks seeing him liquidating everything just to pay medical bills.
I bet he is an independent contractor....where YOU pay for everything just to get a little $$$$.

Just a bump. This guy has done a lot for this hobby. We can now do something for him.

When a large number of people can donate just a SMALL amount of cash to help out a fellow human being that deserves some help.... it can be life changing. And the feeling the guy giving just a little, gets in return. that sense of ??? there are so many good words to describe that......and the good part is no one has to see what you did or give you credit anywhere for your sense of humanism to kick in and tell your brain... good deal.

When a large number of people can donate just a SMALL amount of cash to help out a fellow human being that deserves some help.... it can be life changing. And the feeling the guy giving just a little, gets in return. that sense of ??? there are so many good words to describe that......and the good part is no one has to see what you did or give you credit anywhere for your sense of humanism to kick in and tell your brain... good deal.
^^^^^ this right here. People need to re read this and let it sink in, not just on this situation but an everyday level. The real world isn't social media. True happiness and real feels comes from raw emotions. Glad we can help the man

Woo Hoo! Go fund me is currently over $300K, and still going up!

I just donated. Wish it couldda been more. It's funny. I remember several years ago Kitty and I were facing a similar situation. I set up a gofundme for us. We were looking at a foreclosure. I'm not naming names, but someone who was on this site at the time actually contacted gofundme telling them our gofundme was a scam and they shut it down. Thankfully, things turned around for us, although slowly. It's still one day at a time. I'm glad he's got above and beyond what he was asking for. Maybe now he won't have to sell everything.

someone who was on this site at the time actually contacted gofundme telling them our gofundme was a scam and they shut it down
Lame.

thanks for stepping up R!!

this one is gonna put me in the bread line pretty soon. ****** keeps needing surgery!

Meh, totally worth it.

17171111223191025089085.jpg

Yes, that's correct. I must have clicked on an earlier post link, but it did indicate closed and another link established directly by Steve. Another way to tell if you're at the right place: the current gofundme has over $320K and growing daily (goal of $100K), the first one got to just above $10K. Glad to see Steve is getting help, no idea how much his total bill was, but they do tend to settle for a lot less than the original outrageous. The goal (for me donating) is to help restore his financial stability and ability to pay future bills.

I am thrilled to see the "old car community" coming to Steve's aid.
All we ever hear these days is negative and political BS and slanted news about everything in this world.
I certainly do not know Steve personally, I just have always assumed him to be one of us old car loving guys, trying to put bread on the table and make an occasional build.
I say to Steve: Get totally well soon guy and hopefully we will see move of you on the tube and waves, before too long!

I just have always assumed him to be one of us old car loving guys
Yes he is. And just as nice as you see him. Haven't seen him for awhile lately but we have crossed paths many times in the last 28 years.

-
Back