Sticky Tires?

-
Wow, just go at it guys. Here is what the kid gots to say from my point of view from what I have read.

Doesnt make a crap about width really. Yes from a practicallity stand point the same width tires all around would be the best. But my name and pracitcal has never been put together. As some of you have read the guy on the Hot Rod tech article even states that wider doesnt hurt but only adds about 10 percent better. Another thing from one of the links that Kraby poster says alot is that its more tire COMPOUND than anything. I totally agree with this. My friend ran M/T slicks at Mason Dixon dragway and gained an unbelieveable 8 tenths. Didnt have any more tire spin or wheel hop just neck breaking throw you in the seat reactions. Yea sure its a 98 Eclipse but same principle.

So heres what the guy that started this debate with a simple question is going to do. Going to simply talk to a friend of the family, the owner of Bob's tires that gets people from everywhere in the USA and Canada and use to street race on the same roads I am going to be running on. Any guy thats been in the tire business for over 40 years and drove on the same roads as I am going to be driving on in my opinion would know alot more for the tires on my car. Anyone agree with that?

Sheets55,go with mickey thompson drag radials-Im pretty sure they make them in a 14 now,you wont be dissapointed.

Hook up on the strip while driving the car sometimes on the street, then i agree with lead69.

If you are going for all out drag racing, bias ply is the best to go with SOMETIMES. Just depends on your track so talk to some of the local racers. At my local track drag radials work super and give bias ply tires a run for their money.

Looking for a good street tire, go for what ever suits your style driving, conditions you will drive in, and most importantly, how fast you will be driving lol.

-
Back