stiff clutch pedal?

-

OnEbAd340

Reaction score
hey i was talking to my dad aobut our clutch pedal being so hard and he said that there is a tab on the bell housing that is riveted adn gets bent and which makes the pedal hard is this true? and if it is does any company sell a stronger rone that does not bend?

not sure if you're talking about the 'ball stud' or the pivot point for the fork. Is it a stock bellhousing or aftermarket?

I believe that you're talking about the pivot for the fork. That should not be bending. I have had mopars with very heavily sprung pressure plates and never had that problem. I think that you need to take a closer look at your set up.

don

Dustbuster said:
not sure if you're talking about the 'ball stud' or the pivot point for the fork. Is it a stock bellhousing or aftermarket?

umm i dont know either but it s the stock bellhousing , and duster don its a new stock clutch setup but i ll check the pivot for the for k

What will make a clutch pedal really stiff is a high spring rate pressure plate, or an inadequate over center spring on the pedal. Is your overcenter spring from a /6 or a v8 application such as a 340 or such ? Comparing the 6 vs 8 spring there is a huge wire diameter difference, and a huge resulting assist difference as a result.

I think the riveted parts you are talking about is the flat spring steel "keeper" (for lack of a better term) that locates the fork on the pivot. It shouldnt have anything to do with pedal effort as long as everything is located correctly.

-
Back