Still isn't charging

-

Mo Power

Reaction score
Ok well I've almost had it with the Swinger and I don't know what else to try. I've exchanged the volatage regulator,ballist resistor, and the alternator from my 72 Roadrunner and nothing is keeping a charge in it. And all my lights work now it was a blown fuse and my dash limiter the one RTE offers isn't blinking like they said it should when I look under the dash so I don't know where I'm suppsoe to start. Need advice if anyone else has the eletronic dash limiter and have run into this issue if anything I was going to just put the old one back in.

Have you bypassed your ammeter yet? The bulkhead connectors get corroded and cause big problems as all your alternators power must pass through that connector.

So how do you bypass the amp meter exactly I have to do that from inside the car correct?

Ok well I've almost had it with the Swinger and I don't know what else to try. I've exchanged the volatage regulator,ballist resistor, and the alternator from my 72 Roadrunner and nothing is keeping a charge in it. And all my lights work now it was a blown fuse and my dash limiter the one RTE offers isn't blinking like they said it should when I look under the dash so I don't know where I'm suppsoe to start. Need advice if anyone else has the eletronic dash limiter and have run into this issue if anything I was going to just put the old one back in.

Mine did the same and I really racked my brain but it was quite simple actually. It ended up being a short in the power wire one the alternator.. It wasn't charging so the first thing I did was install a new alt and it still didn't charge. So I changed the regulator, again no luck. You have 3 wires on your alt, one is power and the other 2 goes to your regulator. Try running two new wires to your regulator and a new power wire directly to the positive side of your battery. Your guage wont work anymore but should charge. Another thing is to make sure you have adquate ground. Clean your battery termainals and the negative (other end of your - batter cable) cable bolted to the engine. You car should have an additional ground strap back by the firewall to solid ground at rear of the engine, check to make sure you have ground there too. There really isn't much more than that to make things charge.

-
Back