Not open for further replies.

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I screwed up and posted in the for sale section and cannot figure out how to move it to the wanted section. What year if any are interchangeable with 1970?

I screwed up and posted in the for sale section and cannot figure out how to move it to the wanted section. What year if any are interchangeable with 1970?
I have one from a 69 Dart. It doesn't work needs to be rebuilt. I sent mine to Alabama to have it redone. Came out great! Highly recommend doing that. Let me know if your interested. On vacation now. But I can ship it to you next weekend and send pictures. I am in Kingston, NY

70 A body thumbwheel ? Must be a 340 car w/rallye dash. I can tell you absolutely nothing interchanges with that radio. I searched forever for the right radio for my swinger, and didn't want to spend $600 ! That is specific to that car only, unfortunately. I came across one in poor shape and tried to cannibalize parts from a 68/69 A body thumbwheel and it wouldn't work. They look similar side by side, but take some measurements and you'll see !! Good luck on your search !

Does anyone know the part number I am looking for for a 70 Duster Rally Dash Thumbwheel radio?

Is it 2884649? I'm hoping that's it cause I scored one on Ebay last night. If its wrong I will be selling it

Congrats, that's the one ! .... hopefully all the buttons and rollers are in good working order !

Its on its way to me....The guy I bought it from bought it years ago and never even opened the box till recently. He bought and paid for a radio for his 69 Daytona and was shocked when he opened the box and saw the part number and date code was not correct for his car. His loss is my gain I guess. It looks to be in good shape in the pics....We shall see.

Its on its way to me....The guy I bought it from bought it years ago and never even opened the box till recently. He bought and paid for a radio for his 69 Daytona and was shocked when he opened the box and saw the part number and date code was not correct for his car. His loss is my gain I guess. It looks to be in good shape in the pics....We shall see.

the key to these radios are the brackets that go off the sides , this is the rallye dash radio . however mine says plymouth on it and is the same as this one . thanks ed aka dartman 440

IMG_2301 (1).JPG

I don't see those brackets mounted on the radio I bought....So am I going to be putting another wanted add up on FABO or do they re-manufacture them?

that is part of the faceplate. the mounting part on the bottom of the radio is different. the chrysler radio dial and all of the above make it a one year only radio

that is part of the faceplate. the mounting part on the bottom of the radio is different. the chrysler radio dial and all of the above make it a one year only radio
does anyone have a pic of the bottom of the radio so we can see the differences? mine has the front brackets , but maybe my bottom is different ? thanks ed aka dartman 440

I will post a pic when I get it. Its coming across the country via pony express I think....Its in Illinois now....Coming to CT....Probably get it Saturday or Monday

does anyone have a pic of the bottom of the radio so we can see the differences? mine has the front brackets , but maybe my bottom is different ? thanks ed aka dartman 440
I got the radio over the weekend from my EBay friend I cannot believe the condition of it. I think I got very lucky. Here are a few pics including the bottom.
IMG_2835[1].JPG
IMG_2836[1].JPG
IMG_2837[1].JPG

not the right one
radio list.png

So far 2 people have chimed in with no facts to backup the claim that the radio I got is incorrect for a 70 340 Rally Dash Duster. According to the Bendix Model number listing it looks right to me.

the only fact is that your radio does not have the side brackets on it , look at the pic i sent you and look at your radio , the brackets are missing on yours . this will not mount into a 1970 rallye dash without the brackets . no questions asked wrong radio . thanks ed

now with one side note , maybe just maybe . if you found the face plate with the side brackets you could remove your faceplate and bolt it onto your radio , this is just a maybe . but good luck on finding just the face plate with the brackets . thanks ed

now with one side note , maybe just maybe . if you found the face plate with the side brackets you could remove your faceplate and bolt it onto your radio , this is just a maybe . but good luck on finding just the face plate with the brackets . thanks ed
So its not that its the wrong radio......Its not a complete unit is what your telling me. That's different. Well I'm still far away from actually mounting the radio in my dash so I have some time plus Carlisle is coming up. Piece of cake.

Not sure what's going on with the part numbers, but that looks like a 68/69 B body radio ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back