STILL wondering about rubber seals for wiper posts

-

rdb

Reaction score
Here in this pix you see an opening. Water sure could run down there, going who knows where, rusting out stuff? Did '64 Darts ever have any rubber ring to close up that opening? I guess is possible they did not.

Attachments

• 20150403_152959[1].jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 97
Most of the water will go into the cowl. Same as what goes through the slots on top. Pivot seal kits will include the top seal. The important seal area is where they go through the bottom of the cowl. If you really want to stop the water from going through the pivot, add fittings and grease them.

Thank you for this info. Unclear what you mean be fittings, etc This ebay kit referenced doesn't mention Dart. Would it be different? I guess there were ones in there that came out during the 1st repaint. They just looked odd like that and I recall sealed openings on many cars, not just Mopars

Thank you for this info. Unclear what you mean be fittings, etc This ebay kit referenced doesn't mention Dart. Would it be different? I guess there were ones in there that came out during the 1st repaint. They just looked odd like that and I recall sealed openings on many cars, not just Mopars

Most of the kits come with rubber seals for the opening, as well as grease fittings that can be added while the wiper stem is out getting the seals replaced.
You have to drill the stem and put them in, but then you can shoot a little grease in them for lube and water proofing the stems.

-
Back