stock 67 dodge dart post

-
Reaction score
hello, i have a 67 dart with a slant six. I am attempting to restore it but thus far have primed it and thats about it. body stuff i can do myself but mechanic wise i have little experience. The engine needs rebuilt and i kinda want to upgrade. I was offered a 360 from a chrysler motor home for 200 dollars and i wanted to know, what would i have to change to put the engine in my car? and if its to hard to put that engine in, what would be the simplest engine upgrade to put in? thank you

Not sure which motorhome it came from but most large rigs used the 318-3 which is essentially a 318 with a water pump that has a higher snout to center the fan in the middle of a large truck radiator. I had that motor in my old D400 and pretty much everything is interchangable with all other LA based 318s. They might have some stronger internals, but I can't say for sure.

I just swapped my /6 for 318.You will need v8 k member another trans or the one from the 360 you mentioned as far as the simplest have the /6 rebuilt or find another with less miles.Just my 2cents

well i went with a 318 from a motor home with a tranny for $300, and now im wondering where to get motor mounts? should the driveline bolt right in with the tranny? and anything else that could eventually be a problem. Thanks for the information, Ryan

oh, and where would be a good magazine or website to go for restoration parts i cant seem to find any other than the mopar magazine thats coming out soon by classic-industries.com

Trans dapt makes a Kit to mount the SB to the Slant K-Member. Or you can take a look at schumacher website www.engine-swaps.com, they also have conversion mounts but a little more expensive.

Michael

-
Back