stock car bare bones wiring. what fuse setup to use?

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
63 dart. basic stock car wiring. battery right behind the seat. how should I go about protecting this circuit(s). battery positive to starter. In that line it T's off to power the ign/starting. A youtuber had a basic diagram & mentioned megafuses. how do I proceed on this? what do you suggest I use? thank you for your time. RR

Have you considered applying the trunk mount wire behind your seat?

Trunk Battery Wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the Ford solenoid only sends power to the starter when cranking and remains open when not which is good fire protection as Mopar starter wire is live all the time. You don't have to install the master disconnect but you do need that wire going to your starter relay. The CD relay send power from Alt. to battery when ignition is in run position. Lastly you do need fuse protection. Maybe someone can chime in on what they are using. I am running an 85Amp breaker on my 60 amp alt. wire closest to battery.You may also wnat to protect your main battery feed but I have not done this.
https://www.amazon.com/RED-WOLF-Trolling-Electronic-Waterproof/dp/B08R5DDG5J/?tag=fabo03-20

-
Back