stock electric fuel pump - max power potential? 70 Swinger 340

-

pld0vr

Reaction score
as the title reads. I have a 70 swinger, blown with dual 600s... I get the feeling that the stock pump wont handle what I need it to... but who knows.

How many ponies can you get out of that stock pump? It has an electric pump... pretty sure it's factory?

it wouldn't have a stock electric pump. The stock fuel pump would be a mechanical one mounted on the passenger side of the timing cover.

Take a picture of it!

I never heard of a stock electric pump. But running 2 carbs I would guess you would need atleast a holley/blue pump.

I never heard of a stock electric pump. But running 2 carbs I would guess you would need atleast a holley/blue pump.

Well I know there was an electric pump option that you could order via the scat pack members mag or something.

It looks factory... which means... it looks old. lol

Get a Holley 12-125 electric pump. Super quiet, self regulated, and looks good too. It will work on anything from stock to 750 HP, if you got more than that go with the 12-150 good up to 900 HP but needs an external regulator. both are great pumps. The Holley blue is a good pump also but it makes a whole lot of noise

X

Is this all coming through a 5/16 fuel line? If so, re-plumb the fuel lines (front to back including the sending unit) with 1/2 inch tubing and put a good electric pump on there with a regulator (Holley Blue or Black would suffice depending on engine hp). ..3/8 would be fine from regulator to carb.

Yeah, the Holley blue and black pumps are rather noisy.

-
Back