Stock Eliminator Class ?????

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Can someone tell me definitively, what class my 74 Dart Sport 360 would have been put in back in 74 for Stock Eliminator competition?

I can't find my old rule books (dang) or weight break charts, and really need to know.............

It's a /SA car, but I don't know what class..............Anybody know?????

Help me out here...............:read2:

NHRA has all the info you need on their website. What you're looking for isn't in the rulebooks.

The factor of that car is 10.72, to find the class you need a rule book. You just find were 10.72 fits in the list. NHRA currently has the HP factored on that car @ 305. You use this HP (305) factor times the 10.72 to find your car weight (3,269.60) without driver. NHRA says add 175 for the driver so the car would weigh 3,444.60. I am at work and don't have my rule book with me. I will check tonight and let you know if someone else here doesn't get you the answer first. I am guessing that it is going to fall in D/SA.

Chuck

don't know exactly, but a 71 340 duster was E/SA. i would guess a 74 car would have been an H/SA.
i think now in 2008 whatever is the "base class"i s, they will let you go up or down 1 class by adding or subtracting weight. (an H car could be G or I)..
in A/SA you can add 200 lbs and run AA/SA

F/SA-10.50 to 10.99 (2008 rulebook)

Can someone tell me definitively, what class my 74 Dart Sport 360 would have been put in back in 74 for Stock Eliminator competition?

I can't find my old rule books (dang) or weight break charts, and really need to know.............

It's a /SA car, but I don't know what class..............Anybody know?????

Help me out here...............:read2:

Back in the mid '70's, it seems that they fit around H & I. I recall many Sports & Dusters in those classes but don't remember which were 340's or 360's. Then over the years they got faster, had HP added and factored into the faster classes.

I appreciate the info. on the 2008 breaks........To the point and accurate.

Now, does anyone have an old book (boy, I'm reachin' for it, ain't I though?) from 73-74-75 that would definitively list the car for a specific class?

I'm a pack-rat...........BUT, misplaced my old books.........I was hopin' someone who suffers from the same affliction might have the exact date-correct weight break and classification.............

If not, at least I tried...............

AND, what about the stock eliminator of the day.......(IS there such a thing?).........I would assume that there IS, going by the previous rules quoted...........I was under the impression that all the older cars were automatically put in nostalgia classes or something..........

Is there a Stock Eliminator today, and if so, are some of the older cars showing up? :dontknow:

Absolutely there's a stock class today, both in NHRA and IHRA. It's loaded with the older cars, usually 65-85 at the NHRA events. They usually qualify on thurs/fri and start their class eliminations early friday then run the all the cars together in the catagory. they will use it a "filler" between the pro classqualifing on fri and sat http://www.dragracecentral.com/ has
a bunch up results...and Locomotion (Myron) used to be a class record holder in IHRA ( i think), 7172 runs NMCA nostalga stuff, there's a bunch here.

Here re some qualifying sheets from races this year to give you an idea of what's being run and the ET's. Figuring out the engine combinations would take some research.

IHRA divisional event in Milan, MI this weekend:
(Cars with "CM" in their class designation are IHRA-only crate motor combos, like I run.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=159575&Filter=100#indextop

NHRA Sportsnationals from Bowling Green, KY this weekemd:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=159371&Filter=100#indextop

IHRA Motor City Nationals @ Milan, MI last weekend:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=158775&Filter=Year2008#indextop

NHRA nationals event from Bristol., TN last week:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=158118&Filter=100#indextop

NHRA Stock class classifiction guide:
http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/classification/index.html

...and Locomotion (Myron) used to be a class record holder in IHRA ( i think), 7172 runs NMCA nostalga stuff, there's a bunch here.

Thanks. Actually I've held at least one record every year in IHRA since I started in '99, and still do. I "use to" :( be the IHRA Stock world champ back in 2006. But this year has been very tough.

Well, I was running 2 tenths off the national record in 74 with my Satellite....If I remember, it was P/SA........I think I ran N/SA in my 318 68 Charger..........used to fry me........I'd usually get stuck with a big block in the other lane.....get great hole shots and wind it out, but those big guns would usually get me at the trap....I ran 4.56's, and they were just a squeak too much for the motor....I'd generally top out just before the trap.......nerve racking.............

There were LOTS of mods too.....bores, compression, etc. that got in under the radar........used to make me mad.........we didn't have much money, and some of the big guns bragged openly about their tricks........not much we could do since it was put up or shut up...........back then, there wasn't much dough to gamble if you thought you were being hornswaggled............

Well, enough blattin' in my O'Douls Amber.........I guess I'll download some stuff and see what's up out there in Florida for actual Stock classes.

Thanks for the info. guys...............:-D

I actually wish the rules were simpler, like 20 years ago. It has gotten more cut-throat and expensive. A few rules that have changed are: ANY duration cams, but still with stock lift, 2-steps allowed w/button on pedal (but no t-brakes), $700 hyd. lifters, any pressure springs, some also have $4,000 custom internal transmissions, including 904 guts in a 727, covered-up porting, etc. Some have lobbied and gotten aftermarket heads approved, but usually with added HP factors. But if you can find a less populated class and run under the index consistently, you can stilll be competitive. That's why I chose IHRA, a heavy '75 Sport and 360/300 crate engine combo fitting I, J & K/CM. Not many cars there and I can outrun all but a couple that don't always go there, but run H & I.

IHRA has an annual divisional race in Immokalee, NHRA in Gainesville, Orlando & Bradenton. Jim Woods, IHRA tech, has started a "local" Stock/SS series here in the SE. First race was in Lakeland last weekend.

Lots of class discussions here:
http://classracer.com/classforum/index.php

Good luck!

Lakeland is an eighth mile, isn't it? Seems I read a bit about that track if it's what I'm thinking..........some history behind it too if I'm not mistaken........

I'll have to get over there.........that's the closest track to us here in Z-Hills............Thanks for all the great info.........Maybe we'll meet up soon at an event. 8)

-
Back