Stock looking 340 rebuild

-

70dart340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New member here, looking for advice. I have a bone stock 340 Swinger, all numbers matching, apart for a rebuild at 113,000 miles. I found 2 broken rings that can be cleaned up with a .020 overbore. I'd like to keep the compression at around 10.5-11.0 to 1. Piston recommedations? The heads are 915s just out of the shop from porting and intake matching. I also just scored a complete Crane retro roller set up with hydraulic roller lifters, custom pushrods and adjustable rockers. The cam is the 641 which is way too big for the street, but it's billet so I can have it machined down. Recommendations anyone? I was considering the beehive valve springs, too. My goal is to appear stock for minor car shows and friends, but have enough to scoot when I need to. Any advice would be appreciated.

How about stroking the motor. Tons of torque and great for the street if you don't go nuts with the cam.

On the beehives ... I have a set and have had some get soft (big lift though). Those hydraulic rollers are not light and you will need something to keep them in check. Nice thing with the stroker is you may decide not to go for RPM.....

Kory

Hows this for stock looking ? 480hp @6900rpms, 410ftlb @5400rpms.
I agree with Kory though. For the street if you want big power out of a small block the stroker is the way to go. With a 4" crank I could have made another 100ftlns at 1000rpms lower and wouldnt need such a loose converter and low gears.

IM000251.jpg

IM000251.jpg

IM000251.jpg

-
Back