Stock Magnum EFI 1/4 Mile Times in an A body

-
Well got to try my swap out a the track. 69 Dart ,1995 5.9 obd1 from a ram. Completely stock other than 340 manifolds and dual exhaust,833 4spd, 3.23 gears, skinny 14 radials. Best I could do was 15.68 et @93mph. Thought it would do better, car feels faster than that
must be a bad 60 ft. 93 mph should be 14-something. But I agree, I would think the car would run better than that 93 mph.

1320÷93=14.19...
Usually that math works best for bracket cars. In other words, cars that are built and meant to 60 ft., etc. You know, 4.30 gears, slicks, if automatic 8" converter. Usually have to add .3-4 tenths for street cars.

Usually that math works best for bracket cars. In other words, cars that are built and meant to 60 ft., etc. You know, 4.30 gears, slicks, if automatic 8" converter. Usually have to add .3-4 tenths for street cars.
It gives at least a "rough" idea.

It gives at least a "rough" idea.
I agree. I use that math with my own cars to see what "potential" there may be. Stock eliminators usually get on the other side of that math - meaning going faster than that math. If I can get a street tired/highway car to go within 3 tenths of that math, I feel the car is working pretty good.

Driver has a lot to do with it also. I’m sure he can widdle the times down just by driving style. Last time I was at the dragstrip there was a guy with a Redeye challenger who struggled to get out of the 12’s. I think he was scared, had a 30 day plate.

I believe the factory FI and OBD1 is his limiting factor here.
yes. That kegger intake isn't stellar for performance. I would think still a little better than 93 mph in a A-body with 3.23's and 4 speed though. Still 245 hp "net". More hp and torque than a factory 340.

If I remember correctly my 93 dakota regular cab sport with 318/A500 and 392 gears ran 14.90 at 94-95. This was with the MP computer. 100% stock other than computer.

This was only my second time bringing anything to the track an first time in 30 years, so I am sure driver was a factor. 60' 2.56, 1/8 10.27

This was only my second time bringing anything to the track an first time in 30 years, so I am sure driver was a factor. 60' 2.56, 1/8 10.27
2.56 60 ft says it all. That is terrible for your combo. I see major traction issue. With the right traction, you'd cut 1.8's. Just that alone and you are well into 14's.

-
Back