Stock magnum efi under hood fit?

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
Just wondering how tight the fit is on the stock Magnum efi. How much air cleaner can you fit and whatnot. Anyone got some pics?

I just used a Dakota TB hat and hose, then connected it to an air filter with a scrap section of exhaust pipe I got from my local muffler shop. Sorry for the dirty pic, this was when I was first putting it together.

15n0dmu.jpg

I just used a Dakota TB hat and hose, then connected it to an air filter with a scrap section of exhaust pipe I got from my local muffler shop. Sorry for the dirty pic, this was when I was first putting it together.

View attachment 1715054524
Thanks for the reply. Does it get pretty tight to the hood?

i always liked the look of a stock engine, so i used a breather from an 01 magnum van. looks just like the old breathers of the 70s. even had the fresh air intake.

i always liked the look of a stock engine, so i used a breather from an 01 magnum van. looks just like the old breathers of the 70s. even had the fresh air intake.
Wouldn't happen to know the height to the top of the lid, would ya?

best i can tell, there's about an inch left with the hood closed. i'm going to try to upload a picture if i can get this thing to work.

100_0867.JPG

yep, only thing thats wired to the dart itself is the fuel pump, one ground and one hot wire. other than those three wires, it would run like that sitting on the ground.

Yeah, you need to keep the PDC with the underhood harness. And, as stated, once you've stripped the harness down the only two wires you have to connect(other than grounds) are power to the computer and a power out(from the PDC) to the fuel pump. I have recently done 2 more harnesses( a '97 and '92) and have fired both motors that they went to on the ground.

yep, only thing thats wired to the dart itself is the fuel pump, one ground and one hot wire. other than those three wires, it would run like that sitting on the ground.

Yeah, you need to keep the PDC with the underhood harness. And, as stated, once you've stripped the harness down the only two wires you have to connect(other than grounds) are power to the computer and a power out(from the PDC) to the fuel pump. I have recently done 2 more harnesses( a '97 and '92) and have fired both motors that they went to on the ground.

Thank you, both.
I'm looking at putting the PCM under the dash. I hadn't decided on the PDC, yet. I really like the idea of having the engine compartment looking as stock as possible, but I will always concede to function over form.
I'm going to build my fuel system, first. I'll probably relocate the battery then focus on the wiring.

thanks, the drivers side is a 72 a body 340, and the other is the stock magnum truck manny. if i had to do it all over again, i would probably do things a little different. when i did mine, there were only a few of us that had done it and we kinda fed off each other.lol. dave.

well,like an idiot, i didn't keep the obd port,although i think i can rewire it back in, and the engine only had one upstream o2 sensor. been told i need to run an x or h pipe for the o2 so it can read both banks, and probably have the computer reflashed to get rid of the auto tranny and purge solenoid.it's been running fine for the last three years, but it would probably get a little better mileage without all the stored codes. dave.

-
Back