Stock Manifold Flange Gasket

-

19duster74

Duster74
Reaction score
I have 318 exhaust manifolds (Left -3614395, Right 2843953). I am trying to install the Head pipes but the flange gasket (Felpro 60025) that the parts stores sell me do not fit, the hole in the gasket is to big.

The manifolds have what I would call a ball and flange, they are not flat. Does this mean I do not need a gasket? I thought I read somewhere that the ball and flange manifolds are gasketless. And does this mean I would need to use bolts with springs? I read that somewhere too.....

I am confused so I thought I would throw this out to you guys. I plan on changing to 340 manifiolds or headers in the future but it just is not in the budget right now. Any information would be appreciated. THANKS :sad1:

Haven't had a 318 yet that used a gasket between the manifold and the head pipe. No springs either. That's what the ball flange is for. Looks to me like you've already figured it out. Hope this helps. :wink:

Thats what I thought but my brother was pretty sure it needed a gasket. I guess I shold have made a bet with him !!!! Anyhow, thanks for your help.

-
Back